PROTECT, ENFORCE, MANAGE
A registered design is a valuable business asset which grants the owner the exclusive right to commercially exploit products embodying the design.
Registered designs are a form of intellectual property directed to the appearance or “visual features” of a product. Aspects of appearance that can be protected include the shape, configuration, pattern and/or ornamentation applied to a product. Design protection is to be contrasted with patent protection where the focus is on how a product works as opposed to its appearance.
CoreIP Design services include:
- Developing a design protection strategy tailored to your requirements
- Advising on the design registration including searching
- Preparing and filing design applications including the preparation of relevantv drawings
- Prosecute design applications through to registration and certification
- Obtaining overseas registered design protection
- Competitor monitoring and oppositions
- Infringement advice
- Design portfolio management